From: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gayle Van Horn
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:36 PM
To: Hard-Core-DX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Cumbre DX; ODXA
Subject: [HCDX] Legend of WOWO dies

For those that follow medium wave and are familar with either WOWO or Bob
Sievers, the following may be of interest.

Legendary WOWO Radio Announcer Bob Sievers dies

Former WOWO morning host Bob Sievers has died at the age of 90. According to
friends of the Sievers family, he was taken to the Emergency Room and died
at around 7 AM Monday morning. Sievers hosted the Little Red Barn morning
show on WOWO for decades, and has been on the air in one way or the other
for over seventy years. You can read stories and memories from Bob's closest
friends and co-workers throughout the day onTuesday on Newstalk 1190 WOWO.

I have also posted a partial article about him on my blog.
Thanks for your time.
Gayle Van Horn W4GVH
Teak Publishing, Brasstown, NC
World QSL Book
Shortwave Central Blog: http://mt-shortwave.blogspot.com/
Monitoring Times: SW Guide Frequency Manager
Broadcast Logs/QSL Report Columnist

Preorder your WRTH 2007:

published by Michael Stutz at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html