Re: [IRCA] Loop SW-NE

At 06:38 PM 9/4/2007, you wrote:

>--
>Encouraged by the results Walt had with his loop, I went and put one up this afternoon.  Wound a 16:1 matching transformer and set it up aimed SW.
>14.5' x 56' x 14.5'.  Noticed much improved reception of KOAC 550,
>KFIR 720 and KMBD 1590.  Tried to receive KTBI 810 in Eastern Washington and nothing.  Reversed the setup and put the matching transformer in the NE positon.  KTBI is now S-9.  KMBD Tillamook is now under KLFE Seattle.  KLFE was not heard when the loop was in the SW direction. Will leave in the NE direction this evening and try for some TAs. HI.  If this works ok, will add some height.
>
>Dennis,
>Vancouver, WA
Good going, Dennis!  I too have been very happy with the results of 2 at right angles.  What's heard on one is entirely different than what's on the other in a lot of instances.  So simple, I kick myself for never trying it a long time ago!  What I'd recommend doing, Dennis, is to erect two with matching transformers on opposite ends.  If you put up one, it should be easy to put up a second parallel one.  I wonder if two side by side would have any interaction?  .........Walt.