[IRCA] 657 carrier and Noisy Food Saver appliance

[IRCA] 657 carrier and Noisy Food Saver appliance

The carrier that was reported by me on 657 seems to have been near bye.
It was also heard on 610 & 720.  It was weird, because two previous scans on 657 revealed a level 3 carrier then a level 4 carrier.  On the third try heres an S-9 +30 db reading on the S-meter.  Heard on both the JRC & the Drake.  Checked a little before 7 am and it was gone.  Never have heard this before here.

Also found a great  noise producing appliance, the king of noise producers.  The Food Saver vacuum sealer.  Last week I was out on the patio adjusting the pot on the ewe to null stations from the SE.  Was using the R-30cc with batteries and horrible noise came upon the radio out to the blue.  Went inside and the wife was vacuum sealing some food.  As soon as it was unplugged, the noise went away.  If it is left plugged in, though not being used, it still produces the same horrible noise.   The radio was about 20' for the food saver.  Every time I walk by it in the kitchen, it is checked to see if it is unplugged.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA