Re: [IRCA] Eton E1 user reviews

Neil,

You may be right about an AC adaptor for your 2010.
Here's an excert from a web site on the "Error 3"
message:

Error.3
Another common problem with the Sony 2010 is "Error.3"
on the display, which means the main battery was
temporarily disconnected. This is caused by the fact
that the battery terminals are not physically attached
to the radio, but merely press down on a solder pad on
the circuit board. If the back cover is loose, or if
the radio is bumped, these contacts disconnect,
causing the Error 3 message. The solution is to solder
two wires from the battery compartment to the circuit
board (or better yet, use a small Molex connector).

73

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO