Re: [IRCA] 660 in Greenville is at it again...

Re: [IRCA] 660 in Greenville is at it again...

> A "Burke" is not a product....  http://www.burk.com/   Burk makes various
types
> of remote control devices for transmitter sites..

To clarify further, often a Burk ARC16 is used with the accompanying
AutoPilot software running on a computer.  One of my clients has an ancient
DOS version in use for at least a decade.  Works fine, though the old
computer clock drifts a bit.  The Burk ARC16 is the most common unit, and it
has no clock functions in it.  The external computer is needed.

Most of us simply do call it a "Burk".  Except when it calls at 3am because
of some problem, then the word "Burk" is prefaced with a few choice
adjectives..

These are a *huge* bit nicer than the old stepper relay remote controls.  To
work those properly was almost like playing a musical instrument.  Press a
control too quick or too slow and it messed up.  I changed one of those
relays once.  Somewhere around 140 solder connections in something the size
of a tennis ball.  Tedious!

Craig Healy
Providence, RI