[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Hello All,

     Greatly helped by the daytime band scans of  Patrick Martin, Dennis
Vroom and Charles Taylor, I am pleased to submit my own  daytime band scan.
Located about 4 miles from the Port of Tacoma in  the Puyallup River Valley, my
location is far from the best, but being exactly  the same distance from Portland
and Vancouver (B.C.), hopefully it will be of  interest to some DXers here in
the Northwest.
     The equipment was a Drake R8, a Palstar MW550P  preselector, a matching
transformer, and a 71' square-shaped loop mounted on a  40' tower (actually,
the driven element of a 14 MHz 2-element quad).

530-Federal Way, WA TIS+ Tacoma, WA TIS- S9 mix
540-UnID S1 carrier
550-KARI WA+ KOAC OR- S3 mix
560-KPQ WA+ splatter- S5
570-KVI WA- S9+ 30 (local)
590-KUGN OR- S3
600-CKBD BC- S9
610-KONA WA- S6
620-KPOJ OR- S6
630-KCIS WA- S9+10
650-CISL BC- S8
660-KAPS WA- S8
680-KBRD WA- S8
690-CBU BC- S9
710-KIRO WA- S9+40 (local)
730-CHMJ BC- S8
750-KXL OR- S6
770-KTTH WA- S9+35 (local)
790-KGMI WA- S5
800-UnID S1 carrier
810-KBTI WA+ splatter- S8
820-KGNW WA- S9+20 (local)
850-KHHO WA- S9+55 (IBOC local)
880-KIXI WA- S9+20 (local)
900-KKRT WA- S1
910-UnID S1 carrier
920-KGTK WA- S9
930-KYAK WA- S6
940-UnID+ splatter- S5
950-KJR WA- S9+30 (local)
960-UnID+ splatter- S4
970-KCMD OR- S4
980-CKNW BC- S5
1000-KOMO WA- S9+40 (local)
1020-KYXE WA- S6
1030-KMAS WA- S9+5
1040-CKST BC- S6
1050-KBLE WA- S9+10
1070-CFAX BC- S5
1080-KFXX OR+ splatter- S9+5
1090-KPTK WA- S9+20 (local)
1110-KWDB WA- S7
1130-CKWX BC- S9
1150-KKNW WA- S9+5
1170-KPUG WA+ splatter- S9+10
1180-KLAY WA- S9+30 (local)
1190-KEX OR+ splatter- S9
1200-CJRJ BC+ splatter- S9
1210-KWMG WA- S9+20 (local)
1230-KWYZ WA+ UnID- S6 mix
1240-KGY WA- S8
1250-KKDZ WA- S9+10
1280-KIT WA- S7
1300-KKOL WA- S9+40 (local)
1320-KXRO WA- S7
1330-KGRG WA- S9+5
1340-KUOW WA- S9
1360-KKMO WA- S9+40 (local)
1370-KAST OR (weak)+ splatter- S9
1380-KRKO WA- S7
1390-KJOX WA- S1
1400-KITZ WA- S9
1410-CFUN BC- S7
1420-KITI WA+ KRIZ WA- S9 mix
1430-KBRC WA- S9
1450-KSUH WA- S9+35 (local)
1460-KARR WA+ splatter S9
1470-KELA WA+ CJVB BC- S9+5 mix
1480-KNTB WA- S9+8
1490-KBRO WA+ KWOK WA- S9+10 mix
1510-UnID S1 carrier
1520-KGDD OR+ Federal Way WA TIS+ Auburn WA TIS- S9 mix
1540-KXPA WA- S9+5
1550-KKAD WA+ splatter- S9
1560-KZIZ WA- S9+35 (local)
1580-Puyallup WA TIS- S9+20 (local)
1590-KLFE WA- S9+10
1600-KVRI WA+ KOHI OR+ KOPT OR- S9 mix
1610-DuPont WA TIS- S1
1620-KYIZ WA- S9+5
1640-KDZR OR- S9
1650-Tacoma WA TIS- S9+5
1680-KDOW WA- S9+ 15

     All stations were received from 11:00AM to 2:00PM  local time, and the
antenna (somewhat directional) was left in a position to  optimize reception
from the north and south. The antenna favors the higher  frequencies, even when
the matching transformer is used.

                            73,   Gary DeBock