[IRCA] Metal vs Plastic matching transformer boxes

[IRCA] Metal vs Plastic matching transformer boxes

I did another test tonight. I put an F fitting on a plastic box along
with the matching transformer going to the banana jax. With no antenna
or ground connected to the boxes, here are the results using the same
piece of RG6 coax.

Metal Box

840-KSWB-Seaside-500w-8.9 mi-S4
1230-KKEE-Astoria-1 KW-7.1 mi-S 6 1/2
1370-KAST-Astoria-1 KW-5.9 mi-S 8 1/2

Plastic Box

840-KSWB-Seaside-S 2 1/2
1230-KKEE-Astoria-S 7 1/2
1370-KAST-Astoria-S9+5

Interesting, the difference between the upper and lower frequencies,.
With the Plastic box, I used the shortest leads of about 1/2 inch.
   However, the directivity of the Eastern beverage is better using a
metal box.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin