Re: [IRCA] Cable work

It was either John Bryant or Dallas Langford that did the article "Is your
coax an antenna?"
Isolation transformers solved the issue at the coax midpoint with a feed to
ground.
I've tried that, but didn't notice a difference.  I'll see if I can find the
article for you.

I have dxed with just the coax.  I didn't realize it until I discovered I
couldn't phase my BOGs. One BOG was disconnected and I was listening fairly
well through plain coax connected to my transformer box.  I felt like "why
bother?" and fought the urge to hang a coathanger off the back of the radio
to see what that would do.

You might want to see what effect it is without the antennas hooked up, just
listening with the coax.  You might not need the loops. ;)

73 Gil

P.S. Here's the article:
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/coax_leadin_bryant.doc