[IRCA] Another Canadian X-bander coming

Don`t recall seeing this mentioned on these DX groups, so here is a 2-week old
item from DXLD. 73, Glenn Hauser

** CANADA. CJLO Montreal will be launching to the AM airwaves toward the end of
September as per their web site http://www.cjlo.com
(Andy Reid, Ont., Aug 8, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

WTFK? 1690, Viz.: (gh)  CJLO Station Information

Formed in 1998 as a merger between CRSG and CFLI, two former stations, CJLO is
Concordia University's one and only radio station. CJLO is 100% non-profit, and
is run entirely by volunteers. CJLO is located in the heart of the Loyola
campus in NDG. From early 2003, CJLO has been streaming 7 days a week, and
offering a wide variety of programming that truly encompasses the styles
appreciated by all of Concordia's 30 000 students. CJLO also hosts events
throughout the city to help promote and support the community and musicians.

Our on-air personalities are the backbone of the station and there are over
eighty DJ's spinning and partying for your listening pleasure. Whether you are
interested in Hip-Hop, RPM, Rock, Alt, Punk, Metal, Jazz, Blues, World, or
Country, CJLO has something for you, and is always looking for more on air
talent.

As it stands now, CJLO is broadcasting on the Internet. Our application for a
licence from the CRTC to broadcast on the AM band has been approved. As such,
we have started the process of building out tower and transmitter in order to
start broadcasting in 2007. You'll be able to find us at 1690AM.

So listen from home, http://www.cjlo.com or come on down to Loyola campus at
CC-430 (right across from the G-Lounge) and hang out or get involved (CJLO via
DXLD)