Re: [IRCA] Metal boxes

Russ,

There are plugs in the boxes you can knockout if needed in the most
cases. There are a few small homes for bolts, but other than that, it
should fit the bill. Infact I built the unit tonight for my SW EWE.
However, before I install that one, I will do it around noon or early
afternoon, as I don't know if shielding the matching transformer box
will affect the termination pot at the far end. So I may need to peak it
a bit. Hard to do that when skip is coming in.  Little things can make a
difference in the EWE's. I did install the metal matching transformer
box for the beverage the other day as it is terminated directly to three
5 foot copper pipes at the end. I may play around with a pot at the far
end, again. But the last time I tried a pot, the termination worked
better directly to the pipes. Anyway, what am I trying to null, the
Philippines as one DXer says? But the nulls 90 degrees off.  seem to be
better running the antenna directly to the rods.
   I just tried the new metal box with the matching transfomer on the
beverage. It seems about the same as the first one I did the other day,
so it is ok.
    Since I am leaving Thursday morning for the IRCA convention, I may
not have a chance to install the matching transformer box for the SW EWE
until I get back next week.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin