Re: [IRCA] coax update

Chuck,

I replaced the transformer in the Sony metal box with my regular torrid
built one I had in the plastic bottle. I wanted the metal box and that I
could use and it had the one F fitting. I drilled two holes on the
backside to install the banana jax so I could plug in the antenna and
ground. But I did not use the TV matching transformer coil. I removed
it. My matching transformer I had in the plastic bottle is now in the
metal box. Thoe S Meter readings I gave were from the coax with the
terminator on the end. As I mentioned, after I put an F connector back
on the end of the coax, and screwed on the terminator, I got barely
threshold on CBU-690. Gone was the S9 signal, but I did get S2-S4 on
some Seattle stations like KIRO and S9 on the locals. So the coax is
still leaky, but things have improved a lot. Now to replace the coax
with something better.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin