Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Chuck,

Is the source there in Aberdeen, set up so they run a storefront to buy
off the street? Aberdeen is 1.5 hours from me and if we come up to
Grayland, that would work out fine.
   I would think if the center connector of good coax had quad shield,
you should hardly get any signal with the braid grounded. I think the
RG6 I have is cheapie stuff. It is RG6 that can be buried, but in
looking at it, the braid is not 100%. There is foil, but I have no idea
how good it all is. So going to quad shield will probably solve my
problems. I should not be getting CBU at S9!
   OK on the ground rod. In reality I have 14 feet in the ground. The 4
foot Radio Shack and the new 10 foot copper. I presume if I put in
another 10 foot pipe, I should space it about 8 feet away. I hope the
ground is that soft 8 feet away. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin