[IRCA] coax experiments

Pat,

My ewe is grounded at the transformer and terminating resistor.  The ewe is raised nightly, I set up the antenna and go inside and check the receiver with KGO's signal.  If the signal is S-9 or less I know there is a bad ground connection.  Checking the grounds at each end of the ewe reveals a bad or no connection to ground.  Once connected to ground at the terminating resistor or transformer KGO's signal is back to it's S-9+40 db. strength.  Luckily KGO does not sign-off very often.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA