Re: [IRCA] DX Tests

Paul, your efforts on the DX tests are most
appreciated.

One small thing, though; I suspect that Jim, as our
Broadcast Test Coordinator (BTC), has a certain
methodology worked out for getting the word spread on
upcoming tests, which he'd be pleased as punch for us
all to follow so as to make his job easier.

Jim, feel free to chime in here if I've got the
"workflow" details mixed up, but I thought the more
helpful think for you was for us to funnel any test
details to you so that, when they're finalized and
ready to publicize you can do so, so that there's one
central source of information.

I really think that's the way to go on this, but again
Jim, feel free to correct this if needed.

73 - J.D. Stephens

> From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr."
> <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Well, I've already heard from some of the Chief
> Engineers/Station's I've
> contacted concerning the fact I wanted them to do DX
> tests.
>
> 4seperate stations have agreed to do DX Tests, but
> we have not scheduled
> anything.
>
> 2 stations are 50,000 Watt Day facilities(with
> reduced night power) in New
> England and 1 station is a 50,000 Watt Daytimer in
> the Southeastern United
> States. The 4th station is a 1KW Daytimer operating
> on a 250 Watt STA.
>
> The 2 stations in New England will most likely only
> run an inventory insert
> once or twice an hour, as they can't break
> programming. The 50KW & 1KW(250W
> STA) Daytimer in the Southeastern US will most
> likely run at least an hour
> of tones/code/music.
>
> All stations have agreed to test at their Full
> Power/Daytime Pattern.
>
> As soon as we nail some stuff down and I've arranged
> things with
> Jim-J.D.-Joe-Les-Me... we'll let you know ;)
>
> Regards,
> Paul "The Curmudgeon No IBOC On My Station Esther
> Blodget" Walker

J.D. Stephens
jds1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Primary)
jdstephens_99@xxxxxxxxx (Alternate)