[IRCA] Late Thoughts

Rereading my early morning post I have a few things to add:

(1) Strong hets noted on 639 & 828 (not 638)...Altho these hets are
often noted I have not noted audio on either frequency as yet.

(2)  The time of JOUB-774 reception was around 1220 UTC. They were
carrying their English/Japanese language programming.  I was very
impressed at the clarity of the signal as it was not being bothered by
KKOB-770 or KKOB-780 and was easy to understand.

(3)   KWRU-940 Fresno was noted with their IBOC on around 1235 UTC.  It
bothered 930 very badly but KHJ still was heard beneath the hiss.  950
had KAHI Auburn in pretty loud over the hiss.

(4)   My first ever reception from California  of a station on 1160
other than KSL.  A Spanish language station with ranchero music was
really dicing up KSL around 1245 UTC.  I didn't stay for ID but assume
this to be the relatively new station in San Quentin BCN....Believe its
XEQIN.....

(5)   Mention of 4QD being heard on 1548 brought back memories of
1968-69 when that station used to be heard often on Monday Mornings when
the frequency (1550) was relatively clear.  CBE used to be the main
QRM.  Also heard DYLA in Cebu City during that period.  Once in 1977 I
had DYLA & Cayman Isl. mixing together on 1555.  Enuf..............