Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: [ABDX] Re: [NRC-AM] WBT IBOC test

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Brett,
>
> In reality that is true, but in the real world it doesn't always work
> that way. For instance; in the case of KEX-1190, true the IBOC hash
> is
> the upper side of 1200 and the lower side on 1180, but still the hash
> splatters over to the lower side of 1200 and the upper side on 1180 a
> certain amount. At least on an analog receiver, like an R8.
> On the SDR-IQ, do you hear any hash on the upper side/lower side of a
> strong IBOC signal? Are the skirts that sharp to cut it our
> completely?
> If that is the case, then I guess we can buy a new computer receiver.

The asymmetry in the sidebands exists, although sometimes within
primary coverage area it's difficult to tell, but I've observed it
here. With DX stations, the effect becomes more pronounced the further
you are from it. That said, however, there is wide variation from
station to station, depending on pattern, power, transmitter, etc.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id