Re: [IRCA] IBOC 8- SECOND DELAY

> Obviously, this can be highly disconcerting when the delay between
> analog and digital isn't matched properly. I heard that today while
> demo'ing an IBOC receiver on the WOWO digital signal, which apparently
> has no delay on the analog. It wasn't pretty!

WBZ-1030 had no delay on the analog side for quite a while.  Reason being
that traffic and on-scene reporters took their cues from the live feed.
Eventually WBZ got a separate real-time system for cues and whatnot.
Probably why WOWO isn't set that way.  It's not easy to create that sort of
feed with coverage that equals the AM analog.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI