[IRCA] OT Hal Fishman long time news anchor at KTLA 5 Los Angeles dies.

[IRCA] OT Hal Fishman long time news anchor at KTLA 5 Los Angeles dies.

I was saddened to hear today that long time KTLA 5 Los Angeles News
anchor, Hal Fishman,  passed away this morning of colon cancer. He was
75. He was doing the news until last Tuiesday. He was admitted to the
hospital and the cancer was discovered on Friday and he passed today.

I have been watching the KTLA 5 News at Ten since 1985 when I bought my
big satellite dish. I first watched the 10-11 PM news on a CNN News
feed. Later in 1986 when KTLA was added as a Super Station, I got it
24/7. Today I watch it on Dish. KTLA is celebrating their 60 years on
the air, coming on in 1947. Stan Chambers, reporter started with the
station, and still is there.

   Hal Fishman started at KTLA in 1965, after working at KCOP from
60-65.  Even though I never met Hal face to face, I have talked with him
on the phone regarding news a couple of times.
To me, he was a real friend. The best in the busness.

A couple years ago, Larry McCormick, newsman at KTLA,  also passed who
was in many movies as an LA news person.

Hal will be dearly missed.

Patrick