Re: [IRCA] KGA-KPIG etc

Don,

I was just talking with John Chapman GM at KSWB the other day and we
both feel that what has happened to the broadcasting industry is
terrible. He does not like the talk talk talk formats either. There are
too many stations running the same satellite stuff. KSWB is oldies and
they do their own, live and off hard drive. Not a bad station either.
They play some classic rock stuff along with good oldies, some of the
old R&B stuff too. Stuff I have not heard on the air since I worked in
radio in the 70s.

But radio being a business, the companies look for the best way to make
money. The tragic thing that has bothered me is the changing of call
letters, especially losing the historic 3 call signs, which the station
generally cannot get back. KYA is a good example, as well as KMO,KTW,
etc here in the NW. I "hope" KGA does not change call letters.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager