Re: [IRCA] WIBC-1070's minor lobe west

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For whatever it's worth...regular 1070s here in Rochester are
> CBA/CHOK
> at night, with occasional loggings of Charlottesville and one Sans
> Souci
> in there over the years. (Thought I'd had WNCT at least once, but
> can't
> find it, or Birmingham, in my logs.)
>
> No sign of WIBC here, ever. It's a tough catch at night even in Fort
> Wayne, 100 miles NE of Indianapolis.
>
> My regular daytime 1070 is WSCP Pulaski NY, for whatever THAT's
> worth.
> (It's been known to show up at full power after dark in the past...)
>

>From here, one doesn't even hear WKMB-NJ nor WKOK-PA daytimes. Too
close to KYW. I've heard WKOK at sunset though. CHOK and CBA were heard
some years back.

In North Jersey, CBA/CHOK would be dominant. Before CHOK became a pest,
WFLI was often heard. WIBC much less often. KNX and many others were
heard occasionally. 1070 was a good frequency there as well with both
France and Argentina heard in the 1970's.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id