[IRCA] Beverage antennas

I have the 1500' Eastern beverage running at about 75 degrees and it is
terminated at the end with several ground rods and 3 new copper pipes.
Generally one would not feel a termination would be needed, as there is
nothing to the West I need to null. But in terminating the wire, I do
find my side lobes on some frequencies to be less. Using the 1500'
beverage at 75 degrees, the main signal line would probably be 20
degrees off on each side I would guess. On paper that sound great, but
in reality that is never the case as I still get stuff from 50 degrees
off, and maybe more on some channels. Of course it is by frequency. I
may get a beautiful lode on one shannel, but the next one over, isn't so
great. Then I would think terminating it would get rid of side lobes (on
some frequencies) from the SW/NW, so it may knock out some domestics.
Any thoughts on that? Later on, I may try a 500 ohm resistor at the far
end once again instead of terminating the wire directly to the copper
pipes, but the last time I tried that was many years back and grounding
it directly to the ground rods, it worked better. But since then, I have
had to raise the first 1/3 of the antenna 12-15 feet high too. So that
way affect it too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin