[IRCA] I DXed for 43 minutes this morning

I basically don't bother with AM DX from IL in the early summer unless we
have some freaky superstrong AU and there's no T-storms around. However, I
did fix up my western Phased BOG System for KXTO's DX test (no trace) and
had a bit of fun tuning around from 4:27 to 5:10 AM CDT. CX seemed a touch
AU as there was almost no trace of anything from Canada.

860 had no CJBC and I adjusted phasing to kill off low/mid band eastern
stuff just to be sure. I had some weak mx that seemed to be AS or NOS
oriented and not C&W so maybe needed KFST but I couldn't ID it (KPAN is
common on 860 for me). In passing at 4:52 there was KMVP still with the tape
loop about tuning to 620 for sports radio KTAR. What a waste of a station !!
and I noted a quick KMVP Phoenix ID at 5:00:45 after I'd given up on hearing
code from KXTO. KMVP was overtaken by XEMO ending SS mx with a La Poderosa
8-60 ID at 5:07.

990 had no trace of CBW and I had hopes for KSVP NM or getting more than the
bits of CNN headline nx I had once from suspected KTKT (noting they now are
ESPN Deportes)..not much of anything heard except weak suspected and rather
common in good cx  KRSL and KRMO due to formats.

Tried for CKWX 1130 nor was there a trace of anything from MT.  KOA 850 was
huge, but KSL was weak under WYLL 1160.

1070 had some KNX mostly under Madison's ESPN with a 3:05 TC and ID ending
nx at 5:05..then a check of KNBR 680 had them alone and fair to good with a
Giants replay.

Anyhow..nice to catch a 1 kw Arizonan and a 5 kw from the west coast in mid
July... 73 KAZ Barrington IL who won't be doing much AM DX from here til SSS
improves late July.