Re: [IRCA] KXTO Test (Friday Night)

Les,

What you heard on 1550 was not a Wobbler, that was Cuban jamming of
WRHC Coral Cables.  This has been going on since 9/9/6 when I first
heard and reported it.

The jammer does sound somewhat like a Wobbler but upon closer
inspection it will be found to be audio impressed on a steady carrier
versus the Wobbler's fluctuating carrier producing the varying
heterodynes.  Also the jammer is steady and repeating while a Wobbler
has both variable frequency and level.  This distinction is easy to
hear and see here using a spectrum analyzer, but a far greater
challenge at a distance.

Except for a handful of times due to anomalous propagation, the Cuban
jammer has been heard every night
blocking the anti-Castro programming of WRHC.  The jammer is likely
continuous, day and night, but only WRHC at 10kW and 50 miles away
can be heard daytimes from my location.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan