Re: [IRCA] Measuring D-C resistance of ground rods to earth

Re: [IRCA] Measuring D-C resistance of ground rods to earth

Chuck,

OK, I have measured the resistance needed to get the null with the SW
EWE. It falls in the 950 ohm area. Unless you could get 950 ohms, you
would not get the null needed for the EWE to work properly. In
comparison, I have put a pot at the end of the beverage and tried to
find the best in a null, but in that case the pot does very little.
Infact the wire goes directly to the series of ground rods. It works
better. I have no idea why, as a 500 ohm resistor is generally the best
to use for termination on a beverage. But in my case, it works better
running the wire directly to the rods. I may go out again and try a pot
inline and see if it makes any difference, but since the beverage runs
East, nulling something to the West on gw might be a bit of a problem,
as it will be hard to null out the Philippines or Japan on gw. hi. So in
this case, just maybe a 500 ohm resistor might work better on the back
lobe, but what I try to do is to knock down the side lobes as well as I
can. There is the interference I don't need.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager