Re: [IRCA] IBB Delano and Greenville

At 10:54 AM 7/11/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks.  Now that I put my Fedral Government Cap on --- I see the
>logic.  To hit Cuba by radio -- you use a transmitter site 2,000 miles
>away -- and not the site less than 200 miles away.   I just forgot that
>Radio Marti -- is run by no smarty.  -------   And the distance is so far
>apart -- that there is room to put another 50 KW AM station "on the
>air"  just a few miles away from the Delano site on 1180.   Just plain
>Federal Thinking -- at it's best.

Martí's night transmission from Delano put a whopping signal into here on
6030. IBB moves 6030 from Greenville to
Delano at 2200 EST, I think. Carrier and modulation at Greenville drop
right at 2200. Delano comes up at 2159:30 and
modulation comes up at 2200 sharp.

I think Delano propagates better at night into Cuba. Not sure.

Anyway, the particular transmitter at Greenville that drops Martí at 2200
is turned around and comes back up for a
transmission to West Africa...too far for Delano to hit well.

Another handover is 13860. Greenville does Martí on 13860 until afternoon,
and Delano takes it afterward...I think.

The 1180 is four in-line towers aimed at La Habana. 200 kW, effective. It
does get into Cuba, and, yes, folks down
there know about nulling co-channel Rebelde.

Somebody could build another 1180 50 kW on the coast, too. RM-1180 puts
very little power of the side of the array.

Charles