[IRCA] Spot of listening

I listened for about 35-40 minutes early this morning.  Nothing exciting
but a few notes of minor interest.

(1)  Tuned 1550 for possible KXTO test tones off/on from 0030-0010 but
only usual raucous KYCY & spanish language, probably XEGM.

(2)  Is CFAX-1070-Victoria now carrying Coast to Coast?  Someone who
was, was cutting through KNX most of the above time.  Unfortunately at
TOH KNX smothered any ID.  Since St. Albert moved off the frequency the
only one heard bothering KNX is CFAX so most likely them.  Just had not
heard C2C there before (or my memory is slipping further than even I
realize).

(3)  Both KWRU-940 Fresno & KTCT-1050 San Mateo had been reported
earlier last night as operating with nighttime IBOC.  When I listened
neither was using it.  930 & 950 were clear of slopover with loud KAHI
on the latter.  1040 was audible with both Vancouver & Des Moines
exchanging places & Calgary was fighting the QRN on 1060.  So at least
those two have not begun permanent IBOC as yet.

(4) Fallon on 750 seems to be easier to copy than right after they took
the air.  I wonder why?

Band sounds better here than it did in May & June.

73

Don K.
S.F.CA