[IRCA] Compact Fluorescent Lamps - Revisited

[IRCA] Compact Fluorescent Lamps - Revisited

> Trivia ... it is only on the IRCA list that I am
> seeing these
> devices referred to as "bulbs".   In the commercial
> media,
> they are nearly universally referred to as "lamps"
> thus making
> the abbreviation CFL, as Pete has correctly stated .

Bob is correct, they are "lamps" and not "bulbs".
After skimming over the article on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp
CFLs do use mercury.

I guess the trade-off is between longer life and less
power usage versus less complicated manufacturing
process, lack of RFI, lack of Mercury, lesser cost.

Count me in with incandescent users.

Thank you for sharing.

73 de Joe Miller, AB8YP