[IRCA] KRSN next antenna site

At 06:07 PM 6/28/2007 -0600, you wrote:

>Our local graveyarder, KRSN 1490 has gotten approval from the county
>planing and zoning commission to install a folded unipole antenna on a
>water tower to replace the temporary installion running on an STA.
>
>A picture of the tower is at
><http://mesamike.org/radio/mwdx/pics/hawks_water_tower.jpg>http://mesamike.org/radio/mwdx/pics/hawks_water_tower.jpg
>
>There are already some cell-phone antennas on the tower. It doesn't look
>to me like there is enouh room for a folded unipole on that water tower!
>
>On a folded unipole, don't the skirt wires have to come down as close as
>possible to the ground? It seems like the flared out base of the water
>tower would interfere.
>
>Anybody ever seen a folded unipole on a water tower before?
>
>--
>Mesa Mike, N6KUY, WDX6O
>Los Alamos, New Mexico (DM65uv)

Los Alamos is alamos the way to Arizona, if you're coming from NC!

Mike,

Skirt wires can drop part of the way down the radiator tower. I'd
expect them to sink anchor points in the concrete base just maybe
six inches or so from the tower. Ought to work out OK. Maybe the
globular dome at the top will radiate a little too much high-
angle skywave.

Better than no radiator a-tall.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP