Re: [IRCA] Latest Threads

Patrick,

Yes, the KOHI discussion has been with us a long time, but I've rethought
my original observations, viz: That's what the IRCA Reflector is about,
discussion about things germane to MWDX.

The QRSS thing got long, but it's germane to the same subject. Many a
time I thought it's too esoteric for this list, but as soon as I went to
write up my observations, I checked myself. I really wouldn't be adding
anything.

Finally we fetch up to the debate, to offend (possibly) or not to offend
if we discuss whether a station is "cheating."

If a station is "cheating," that's germane. We could write "KXXX is
violating its license by not reducing its power at sunset." That's
very germane, but it also sounds like an semi-legal charge against
the station.

Ergo, "KXXX is cheating." If it's a fact, then its a fact. If some CE
gets his panties in a wad over that and won't ever issue another QSL
again, then we have a quandary, perhaps.

But why is he coming to this list if he's looking to be offended?

Why not go to his local newspaper and look at the latest crime report
for his hometown?

I'd suggest we all discuss a little more MWDX and how to do it, how
to get the most out of our equipment, and how to get the best out of
our antennas. But I can't tell other folks that KXXX-790 is getting a
bit tiresome. If so, maybe I ought to unsubscribe.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina