[IRCA] Let's All Go And Whup Up on Paul!

At 11:42 PM 6/21/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>I really thought we agreed to stop outright saying "a station is cheating"
>that isn't fair, and can actually be considered slander/libel.

Paul, Les and S.E. DFX Crew,

WYSR-1590 was blasting in last night, and I'm not complaining nor name-
calling.

It was patently evident that WYSR was still on day power.

Many, many, many times I've tuned 1590 and tried to get an ID on WYSR,
without success. And come power-down time, they might be late by 2-5
minutes, but they DID power down.

I doubt that there existed a propagational anomaly just to High Point,
NC, last night.

In the case of WYSR, I'd guess that their operational PC needed rebooting,
or someone just forgot, or a relay just got stuck.

I wouldn't call that "cheating."

But if a station consistently refuses to drop power at sunset, then what
term shall we use? Cheater, willful offender, violator?

And if I have to use some artful circumlocution to avoid offending or
making some poor SM or CE swoon away with the case of the "vapors" if
he is poking/noising around on MY DX BUDDIES and MY DX reflector, what
shall I do?

I get offended at some of the comments I see on this reflector and I
know some others get offended at my comments, but it soon passes.

But this is our territory and I wish to exchange my views with my DX
companions without fretting over the possibility of offending station
personnel.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina