Re: [IRCA] 520 Thanks

Welcome! Do you teach at Harris-Stowe?

-----Original Message-----
From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Wozniak, Joe
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 10:20 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] 520 Thanks

To All Group Members:

520 Thank you's, to all for such a positive response to my post!

I've been lurking in the background for several months now just
absorbing as much info as possible (to be honest, at first I didn't know
what half of the stuff you folks talked about, but I'm learning).
Started taking DXing more seriously after catching KENI (not many people
believe me until I tell them I had two other witnesses; that's why I
record audio catches now).  It's unbelievable what you can hear on a
clear, crisp and very cold February night between midnight and 4 a.m.
without a working furnace.  I know my receiver can't stand up to some of
the "dream machines" that many "long-timers" have, but I am stating to
catch some of the more difficult stations that they are (I just think
that I have finally figured how to use it to the best of its ability).

In a different club newsletter that I subscribe to, a member on the west
coast submitted a catch of a 50kW station on the east coast.  One of the
sending in such submissions.  I figured that if you can't hear a
broadcast signal on a "semi-regular" basis, that's DX.  That's why I
haven't posted any logs or participated in either of the clubs
activities until now.  I'm just confused on the protocols, what counts
and doesn't count, what is a good catch and what is not.

Off of my soapbox.  I would like to send out 520 Thank You's again to
everyone who responded to my post; and to those who offered help and
advice in the future, I will definitely take you up on that (next
project, building a loop antenna).  I look forward to posting again in
the future.

By the way; Apple Wozniak?  Yeah right, I couldn't be so lucky;-)

73,  Woz

**********************Harris-Stowe State University**********************
  This e-mail is confidential and sent only to specified recipient(s).
  However, all e-mail is subject to possible interception by third parties.
*************Contact postmaster@xxxxxxxx to report problems**************