Re: [IRCA] CW on 520 kHz

Woz, (Any relation to the Woz of Apple fame?)

If the CW signal was a repeating series of  two or three Morse Code
characters with a pause between groupings, it is possibly a standard
LW Non-Directional Beacon (NDB).  There are several on and around 520
kHz.  You should be able to identify it using the William Hepburn web
site listing of NDBs:
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm

Scroll down near the bottom for the exact frequency where you were
hearing the signal.  The Idents listed would be what each beacon
sends as Morse Code.

Not that I'm any wiz at CW, Woz, but if you can't make out the code
maybe I can help using some spectrum analyzer software that lets one
see the signal when it is otherwise difficult if not impossible to
hear.  You are welcome to send me the WAV file, email address in the header.

By the way, decades ago I lived and worked many years in the St.Louis
metro area.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan