[IRCA] Ground rods

With the announcement of the WNJC test coming up again and the fantastic
list of times & patterns, I went out and installed my 3rd copper pipe at
the end of the beverage. This one went in a bit harder than the other
two even a foot away. Now I have three 5 foot copper pipes in the ground
at the end in very wet swampy soil. I fiqure the cost of the pipes and
clamps were about $30, so I hope it does some good. Early testing of the
directivity of the antenna is better. Many channels now are more of a
jumble that before at night. It just got dark here and with each rod I
have installed the directivity is better. The noise level is lower on
the antenna too.  Being a bit more directional to the East, the side
lobes are less too.  Hoping the A&K will be low during the test.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager