Re: [IRCA] WNJC DX Test

> Heard sweep tones, voice ID and more tones beginning
> at 0001 (EDT).
>
> Also monitored by my friend Jerry Coatsworth in Merlin
> Ontario.

Not hearing anything definite so far, in Tampa, a mix of
several weak stns on RS, one of them gospel WPGB or similar with
a contest promo right at 0001but everything is fading in and out.
ID at 0026 sounds like WCGL which is in Jacksonville,

My "bellwether" freqs for NYC 770, 880, 1130 all showing just
jumbly mix of signals with LA's weakly atop and no sign of
usual NYC programs. So is unpromising here. Using DX-390.

In contrast at 11.30 pm (0330z) the ham expedition to St.
Brandon island (in the Indian Ocean) 3B7SP was coming in 579
on 7021 kHz, but due LSR no longer there now, heard with
just a piece of wire out into the "yard" (common area) on a TS-520
with tuner.

Going to pack it in at 0035.  - Bob