Re: [IRCA] Quality of postings. Returning Quantum Phaser

At 06:34 PM 6/6/2007 -0600, you wrote:
> >>Charles A Taylor wrote:
>
> > I'm going to send back your Quatum Phaser, as I really can't use
> > it here.
> >
> > Seems that WNCT-1070 puts such a intense signal in here that I
> > get mixing products and thus "ghost" signals all across the BCB
> > during the day.
>
>Hey Charlie: I'm assuming you did try with the gain turned down some? I have
>the same problem here with mine and my very sloppy local. There's been
>several occasions where I've sat on what I thought was was a new one only
>eventually to hear my local ID. Now any time I hear C&W music where I
>haven't heard it before, the very first thing I do is check my local for a
>parallel.
>
>Mike in St Isidore, AB

Mike,

Yeah, I tried co-phasing two of my longwires. In order to prevent overdriving
one of the ports of the Phaser, I had to pot that port back quite a way. Lost
a lot of range that way.

Best way I can see to approach it is to try a series-resonant circuit tuned
to good ole' We Never Can Tell-1070's carrier frequency to "suck down"
WNCT's signal.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina