From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:33 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] HDTV

In trying to keep the subject line up to date, we are no longer talking
about radials in this thread.
   Anyway, there is a lot of confution out there between digital TV and
HDTV. People seem to be misimformed saying  that everyone has to have
HDTV by 09. They confuse the two. In most cases, people will have to do
nothing as they have cable or satellite. The only people that will have
to get a new box to get the digital channels are the ones that watch
OTA. It is unclear if the translators are in the 09 change too. I don't
have HD, but I did buy a new EDTV 30 inch  (480i/480p)Widescreen Toshiba
and it has the digital tuner built in if the translators do go digital
in the future.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin