Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal: More comments

Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal: More comments

Hello Charles,

     Thank you for your comments.  Oregon and  Washington probably have some
highly qualified engineers with the technical  ability to vastly improve
KOHI's signal. Unfortunately, KOHI-1600 seems to  be stuck with a mediocre
location, low power, a very poor frequency (with  severe QRM) and limited financial
resources.  Since I am not in their  target area, a poor signal report from me
would be expected.  It  seems unnecessary to emphasize the lackluster signal,
since the station owner  presumably knows that KOHI's coverage is dicey, even
around Portland.  In  this case, rather than dwell on problems that KOHI cannot
easily solve, it  would seem preferable to emphasize the positive... that the
ground wave signal  was heard 100 miles away.  From my own standpoint,
reception of KOHI  was a very positive experience,  because of the challenge.

                                       73,  Gary