[IRCA] North Carolina Morning Drive Host Passes Out Live On Air!

[IRCA] North Carolina Morning Drive Host Passes Out Live On Air!

FROM WWW.ALLACCESS.COM

NC Host Gets Listener Help After Passing Out On The Air

Listener Saved Host's Life

HRN Beach Music-Oldies WOHS-A (THE BOSS)/SHELBY, NC & WGNC-A/GASTONIA,
NC "SWAP SHOP" host TIM BIGGERSTAFF needed a little help from his
listeners MONDAY when he fell ill on the air. ABC affiliate
WSOC-TV/CHARLOTTE reports that BIGGERSTAFF, whose health problems over
the years have been well-known to the audience (he had had pancreas
and kidney replacement surgery, including receiving a kidney donated
by a listener), told listeners he was feeling a seizure coming on,
then passed out, leaving dead air. A listener who rushed to the
station and found the door locked called 911, which drew emergency
help and saved BIGGERSTAFF's life.

BIGGERSTAFF told WSOC-TV that the last thing he remembered was saying,
"Hey guys, I'm sick. I need a little help over here." He spent a day
in the hospital but is returning to the air today (5/30).

--
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
www.walkerbroadcasting.com