Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Patrick,

     Thanks for the report on KOHI's weakened  signal.  Like you and Dennis,
I have come to have a strange interest in  this weak-signaled station, which
will probably keep me investigating it for  days (whether I report it on the
list, or not).

     Regarding the east coast DXers' comments, I was  actually an east coast
DXer myself from 1972-74, on a Navy ship in  Florida.  Maybe that's why I can
understand a little of their  concerns.  (It was also where I started to
understand how salt water can  really boost a weak signal.)

     I suppose as long as the moderator allows us  to continue, KOHI-1600 is
certainly worthy of discussion.  Maybe an East  Coast DXer can start a thread
about a weak, underpowered east coast station, to  balance things out a
little? (hi)

                                                       73,    Gary