Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Patrick and Dennis,

     KOHI-1600 actually has a very poor signal here on  daytime groundwave,
but I did notice something interesting, related to the  superiority of
salt-water beach DX locations (like Patrick's).

     As weak as KOHI-1600 is at my house about 4 miles  from a Puget Sound
salt water beach,  KOHI's weak signal (under KVRI)  disappears completely when I
drive about 10 miles inland.  When actually on  the beach at a park in
Tacoma, the signals of both KVRI and KOHI come up  significantly, so that KOHI's
talk format is usually pretty steady, under a  louder KVRI  (this was on a
barefoot Sony ICF-EX5 portable).

     Both the "Astoria Daytime Band Scan" and the  "Vancouver Daytime Band
Scan" were very interesting and helpful here.   Maybe we should all move to a
salt water beach?

                     73's   Gary