[IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Hello All,

     With all the list publicity given by Patrick and  Dennis to KOHI-1600's
miserable signal, I couldn't resist trying for it  myself.

     In daytime ground wave reception here in Puyallup,  WA (about 100 air
miles to the north) KOHI is practically inaudible,  getting smothered by KVRI in
Blaine (KOPT can't quite make it here on  groundwave). KOHI's signal improves
somewhat before local sunset, increasing  from practically hopeless to
occasionally steady, rarely even competitive  with KVRI.  The talk format certainly
doesn't provide many positive ID  chances, and I noticed that the web site
audio lags the transmitted program by  about 3 minutes, making it practically
useless as an ID aid.  Finally at  2015 local time, I was able to ID the "Accent
Radio Network" program on both the  transmitted signal and the web site audio.

     I live pretty close to some salt water beaches, so  I can't wait to take
my ICF-EX5 portable to check out KOHI's signal there... it  will probably
come up to S9, hi.     73's    Gary