Re: [IRCA] DX logging: WVBE-610 Roanoke, Virginia

At 04:50 PM 5/24/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>AM 610 is licensed to Roanoke and 100.5 is Licensed to Lynchburg.
>
>Gettin confused are we Old Man Taylor?
>
>Paul "Esther Blodgett" Walker
>The Ever Elusive WABV 1590
Paul,

I heard "WVBE, 100.5" clearly. I DIDN'T hear "Roanoke" or
"Lynchburg" clearly.

Verdict: Guilty. You caught me on that. Keeping me honest.
Good for you!

I was wrong on that, but I still logged WVBE on the basis of
the call. I heard no reference to WVBE AM, and I'm not a bit
surprised by that. Local WRNS-960 is the poor AM sister to
WRNS-FM-95.1, and the TOH ID doesn't even mention WRNS AM.

Now, you just missed a spot for Honest Jack's Used Cars
Sales and Service, and a PSA for Guam National Guard.
Git back to yer mahkrophone, boy!

CAT

>On 5/24/07, Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > 610     WVBE    VA      Roanoke @ 1157 5/24. Another "finally
> >                         logged 'em." Black-Gospel sounding
> >                         format, w/ID " W V B E, 100.5, Roanoke."
> >                         Even with WFNZ, Charlotte, on 45/225º
> >                         EWE antenna. Logged from Indianapolis
> >                         6/27/62 as WSLS. (CAT-NC)
> >
> >   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP