[IRCA] CMDC-570 through WDOX, Raleigh @ 1300!

At 04:36 PM 5/10/2007 +0000, you wrote:
>PLEASE read the [IRCA] mailing list guidelines at
>http://www.ircaonline.org/guidelines.htm
>
>Good job, Charlie!  Great Daytime DX at (very) roughly 950 miles!  I've
>never heard Reloj-570 during the day here but they frequently CLOBBER WMCA
>at night.
>
>--
>Marc DeLorenzo
>South Dennis, MA

Well thank you, Marc.

You get a nice gold "Marc" in my books for the kind comment.

I also get my head "chucked" off for such a bad play on words. Blah!

Retuned 570 at about 1300 on my "quiet" 45/225º 65-foot Marconi
antenna (off the air due to a faulty connector at the mast-mounted
toroid ground isolation transformer), and plainly heard the 500-Hz
time pips, plus the 2-kHz "RR" IDer underneath WDOX-570 Raleigh.
No null on Raleigh. Could even discern some SS.

Trying to "strangle" someone into revealing the true power on this
one. I doubt that WRTH-2006's listed "30 kW" is correct.

Keep tweaking that "antenna tune" knob, Marc.

73,

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina