Re: [IRCA] CMDC-570 Cuba

At 04:41 AM 5/10/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>PLEASE read the [IRCA] mailing list guidelines at
>http://www.ircaonline.org/guidelines.htm
>
>  Charles, If this station is travelling almost 900
>miles daytime at this time of the year with the sun
>almost straight up it must be one heck of a powerful
>transmitter but if it's not by way of sky wave during
>the day,and should be groundwave then most of this
>groundwave,800 out of 900 miles would be seawave.It's
>true that salt water has less signal absorption than
>dry ground,right?,so a signal would run across open
>ocean almost unlimited distance.It's amazing that the
>last 100 miles of signal over NC didn't get zero'd at
>the coast,I don't know what kind of topography NC has
>where you are in Greenville. ---Bill in BC

Bill in Bee Cee,

Yes, I know the first 800 miles are seawave. I used to
hear Cubans daytime from Bermuda, and most of the e.
coast of the US.

The last 100 miles or so is over sandy loam. Very
level (this area was once under the sea) with poor
conductivity.

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina