Re: [IRCA] SP 600 /R390

Walt,

I was stuck in the stone age with receivers for years. In college I was
given an old EH Scott RBO2 made back in the 50s. I got the receiver in
68. It had a L/C set the filters, broad, medium, and sharp. No sideband,
just AM.The sharp cut it down to about 3 khz. OK for domestic DXing, but
not good of spliting hairs. I added a Q Multiplier to it. It had 455 khz
IFs. I used that combo for many years. Until the early 80s when I bought
the SP-600. Still no sideband, until I added a H-10 converter.  But it
had its drawbacks.  I used that until 1992, when I got my first "new"
communications receiver, the R8.  Then a couple years back Dave Williams
gave me his old SPR4, which I got repaired, added the noise blanker
board, crystals, mods, and it is my back up for the R8. I also have a
Kenwood R-1000 I bought for another back up. There is what I am set with
today. The 3 receivers. I guess in the future my next jump with be a
computer receiver. However, I first would need to buy a good laptop that
can handle the software.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin