Re: [IRCA] SP 600 /R390

> familiar w/GPR-90 TMC. Similar in appearance to SP-600.
>
> FRR-60, TMC Model DDR-5, fills six foot rack. Diversity models fill
two.
> Certain logic to that. Different animal from '90. Rare. Works of art.
Nothing
> beyond their reach. Nothing.

I had a GPR-90RXD for a few years. Wonderful set, fantastic audio.
It took some feats of imagination to read the dial correctly, being
100% non-digital. Anyone who kept theirs and can now add
one of those external digital dials will have a truly nice receiver.

The RXD signified the existence of the optional bank of ten
sockets for HFO crystals, all of which lived behind a little
door on the top of the front panel. Great for situations
where the user worked on fixed freq nets. I bought mine from
Barry Electronics in NYC in 1971, used. I think it was a 6U
rack height ( 6 x 1.75 inches).

- Bob