Re: [IRCA] IBAC vs IBOC

On Saturday 05 May 2007 17:53, Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW wrote:
> Pete brings up a good point. There is no such thing as IBAC. It's just a
> derogatory slang term that some have made up. But, as you can see, it is
> confusing. Even worse, I can see how this could cause certain people to
> simply dismiss DXers as a bunch of illiterate backwoods folks
> complaining about something whose real name we don't even know. Don't
> forget that a lot of broadcast professionals see what goes out on this
> reflector. Let's knock off the IBAC slang. It's kind of silly and it's
> making us all look bad.

I also happen to be a professional, and I reserve the right to call a spade a
spade.  As Chuck points out, IBAC is neither slang nor derogatory, it's a
descriptive term used by broadcast professionals.  And it so happens that it
is the term that most accurately describes the so-called "HD" radio system.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON