[IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Bulbs)

In my experience, yeah, they do generate lotsa QRN.  I don't use them in my
shack for that reason.

And, more seriously, one CFB in our kitchen started smoking a couple months
ago.  No damage to anything else, but the base of the bulb was charred
pretty good and the kitchen stank of melted plastic for a few days.

I'll stick with incandescents for now, until I'm sure that CFB's won't burn
down the house and/or generate QRN.

Electric lighting is a fad anyway:  whale oil is the future!

Dave
Highland Park, NJ