From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Walter Salmaniw
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 5:14 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

Haven't noticed anything on the list, but the Government of Canada has
introduced legislation to eliminate sales of incandescent light bulbs by the
year 2012.  I'm sure this won't help the world of dxing, especially if
there's a flood of cheap noisy bulbs.  This has already caused a certain
amount of controversy with the admission that there are small amounts of
mercury in these CFBs, but "no more than found in a watch battery".  This
was all done for energy conservation measures and is supposed to cut green
house gas emissions by one or two percent.......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.