Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: WGN Xmtr. Maintenance Period

--- "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mr. Smarty Pants:
>
> Yes, I'm at a radio station....I think the high powered transmitters
> yo0u've
> been around have killed some brain cells.
>
> I guess what I'm simply failing to understand and if someone can
> kindly
> understand it without biting my head off... why would one station 1/2
> mile
> away cause a hotspot for another and cause another station to sign
> off?

very well. There are multiple issues - one being that the RF from the
nearby station gets into the antenna of the one silent and being worked
on, making it impossible to get proper readings, pattern, whatever. the
second is that given evough concentration of radiated power, the nearby
transmitting antenna becomes a receiving antenna, magnifying the RF
from the second station, in some cases enough to cause RF burns.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id